Knitter on Skates

In search of a swift

Posted by Gina on Thursday, March 6, 2008

I’d like to have a ball winder and a wooden umbrella swift. I’m attempting to shop on-line, but they all look the same? It’s as if all these websites have the exact same swift, but with different prices. I don’t know how to tell the difference between them! I need help. Guidance. I need for one to magically appear in front of me at no cost (ha! wouldn’t that be wonderful?). But seriously, I’m lost. A damsel in distress. Help? Anyone?


2 Responses to “In search of a swift”

  1. Travis said

    What are these things? Maybe I could build one. The “ball winder” sounds like either a lot of fun or really painful. Possibly both.

  2. Gina said

    I sent you an e-mail, but I’ll reply here, too. You can see an example of a ball winder and swift here (click me). They’re used to turn hanks of yarn (or loose yarn) into neat little balls or “cakes.” The ball winder winds the yarn, and the swift is a spinny thing that holds the yarn. The swift is optional, but makes the process easier.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: